13 August, 2009

Health Care Reform

Okay, I admit it. I have been subjecting anyone who will listen to a rant about the quality of the debate over health care reform. And on reflection, I realized I was uninformed. For this, and for the generally crappy quality of the debate, I fault the Obama administration and the legislature.

They are not explaining things well--even to a sympathizer like me.

Here is a first step toward improving my understanding of just what the hell is being proposed.

Click here to look at the OpenCongress Website, where you can find a pretty well-designed way to review a proposed bill such as HR3200--America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009, and make comments.

If I understand the process correctly--and I don't--this is just one of several versions in the House. There are others in the House and the Senate.

Let's all have a debate!

No comments: